LIFE IN A SNAPSHOT ❝ personal · photo · blog ❞   |





about
♥ Angela is a student majoring in Information Technology and Informatics. She loves making polymer clay figures, watching TVB dramas, and other DIYs in her spare time. She hopes that this blog will bring you inspiration and entertainment. Thanks for stopping by! ♥

Instagram
@anhelax3

agenda
05/23 Begin Web Design Internship
06/17 Raymond Lam Concert @ AC
07/01 Attend a Wedding
07/09 My Birthday!
08/01 Finish Web Design Internship



twitter


mail


Advertisements



Disclaimer
Layout made by tkh.

Please do not take any photos from this blog and claim them as your own. All photos on this blog are taken by myself unless otherwise stated. Thanks :)


  Product Review: The Body Shop Baked-to-Last Eyeshadow : Amethyst
Here is one of the many product reviews that will be coming up. :) Today, I will be doing an eyeshadow review. I saw this in a review by someone (forgot who) and I had loveddd it at first sight. I went on a little hunt to find it, only to find out that it is not available in the US yet. So during my trip to Hong Kong, I just had to get it. I was so excited when I went into The Body Shop in Hong Kong that I even did a little squeal. Of course.. no one other than my sister and friend heard me, but whatever! Hahaha. It was also cheaper than what I saw it online for. (On Amazon, Ebay, etc) I purchased this for 99HKD... which I guess is around $12-$13USD. Kind of pricey for an eyeshadow... but I just had to have it. So here we go!


The Body Shop- Baked-to-Last Eyeshadow in Amethyst

When I brought the product, it didn't come in any special box or packaging as any other eyeshadow you'd get from places like Sephora or other high end cosmetic stores. It was just sitting on the rack, in its plastic wrapper surrounding the case, like below.


The case is quite sturdy. It doesn't open by itself in my makeup bag. It does get a bit scratched up easily though.

 The size is relatively average for an eyeshadow. The eyeshadow itself is packed on so that it is rounded upwards.

This is the back of the case.

 The view from the side. I like that it is clear so that I can still tell how much is left, even though it'll be a long time before I start running out. Haha.


 A closer view of the product itself. It's not a very loose powder. It takes a couple of swipes to get a good amount of eyeshadow. I've been using it for quite a bit of time now and I haven't noticed any fallouts when I'm applying it on or throughout the day. The staying power is pretty good, even better if eyelid primer is applied before.

 Here's the swatch for the colors. (It's actually a lot prettier in person.. this picture doesn't do it justice.)
Left: The light shade of purple. 
Mid: The dark shade of purple. 
Right: It's a mix of both colors.

The colors aren't very dark when you applied them. The swatches that I did consisted of 2-3 swipes of eyeshadow. I haven't tried using a damp brush to apply it on, but in my past experiences, I find that using a damp brush to apply eyeshadow causes the colors to darken up a bit. This may be useful if you don't want to keep adding more layers of eyeshadow. It's not the most pigmented eyeshadow out there, but it's good enough. I'd say that the "Baked to Last" title suits the eyeshadow well. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. It was mentioned that these eyeshadows will be available in the US sometime in the future, but I haven't seen it in the stores yet, so I don't know... There are also many other colors available. Perhaps I'll give the Copper one a try next time I go back to Hong Kong.

Overall rating: 9/10

Labels: , , ,



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.